What we found out: Before the current building that is now Ford Elementary School was built on Lucas Avenue in Laurens, it once was home to the Watts Mill School, which was built in the 1900s.
A brick, two-story building later replaced the old Watts Mill School. The school was named after its principal and later superintendent J.E. Ford. (Ford is pictured on the far left with a group of second graders in 1935 at the entrance to the school building).