Laurens City firefighters were called to 104 Dunklin Lane around 2:30pm on the report of a structure fire. A neighbor observed smoke coming from the residence and called 911.
When firefighters entered the home, they encountered extreme heat and heavy smoke. According to reports, the heat in the home caused paint to peel off the ceiling and glass to crack.
Firefighters were able to locate the source of the fire in a back room and quickly extinguish it. Reports indicate the fire started at the heating source in the residence.
No one was at home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
The Red Cross is helping one adult by providing financial assistance for food, clothing, other essentials, and comfort kits containing personal hygiene items.