Fire damages Burger King on East Main St.

Feb 06 Written by 

Just as the lunchtime crowd began to gather around noon on Tuesday, the Burger King, located on East Main Street in Laurens, caught fire.

The Laurens City Fire Department was dispatched to the blaze, where smoke could be seen billowing out of the building. The Laurens County Fire Department also responded to the scene to assist. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

The cause of the fire was determined to be the grill's hood system, which burned the ceiling of the restaurant. 

There are currently no reported injuries and the Burger King is expected to be closed for a brief period of time as repairs are made.

(submitted photo)

Last modified on Tuesday, 06 February 2018 14:51